I got on McKnight’s case earlier this week, so I thought I’d give him kuddo’s for this brilliant post.
10 Reasons Why Baseball is Better Than Hockey:
1. Green: baseball is played on a green field; hockey on white ice.
2. Wrigley, Fenway, Yankee Stadium: name one interesting hockey place.
3. Names: Babe Ruth, Pee Wee Reese, Ernie Banks vs. Wayne Gretzky, Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr.
4. Scoring: single, double, triple, homer vs. “It’s a goal!”
5. Teeth: baseball players have them.
6. Season: summer vs. winter (and even when it’s not winter they have to freeze the place to have a game).
7. Shrine: Cooperstown vs. ??? (is there such a place?)
8. Word: baseball players all wear a cup, hockey plays for one cup.
9. Instruments: bats and balls vs. sticks and pucks. Symmetry, baby, symmetry.
10. Pace: baseball plays until the boys say it’s done; hockey is governed by a clock.