We just got home from a 2 1/2 day trip to Chicago. It was great…and exhausting! Here’s a quick review:
– morning: drive to Chicago
– noon: Rock N Roll McDonalds
– Dan remembers he hates driving in the city!
– check into Homewood suites on Grand Ave, 2 blocks off Michigan Ave.
– walk across town (2.7 miles) to Field Museum.
– have a ball checking out the Museum
– begin the long walk back to the hotel
– detour to Buckingham Fountain!
– dinner at the hotel
– dinner part 2 at Portillo’s (the pepper steak didn’t go over so well with the boys, so the best hotdogs in town, maybe the world, made up for it)
– check out a few sports shops around the hotel
– crash in the hotel!
– walk down to Michigan Ave and check it out
– walk down to Navy Pier: ride the Ferris wheel, merry-go-round and buy some souvenirs
– lunch at McD’s (again!)
– catch the trolley back to the hotel to recharge
– walk to Lego Store – wow, amazing!
– more sports stores! great stuff for the kids room
– walk to Sears Tower (waste of time and exhausting!)
– dinner at Lou Malnati’s Pizza – the best in Chicago (and don’t forget the chocolate chip pizza for dessert!)
– swimming in the pool (jake – “that was fun, except when I almost drowned”)
– pack up and drive to north suburbs
– Dan really hates driving in Chicago
– check out our old apartment
– walk around Highland Park (we used to hang out there a lot – though we could never afford anything but coffee)
– head over to Trinity and remember what an awesome experience seminary was. I love that place.
– drive home.