>I have a lot of reading to do this summer, mainly for two classes I’m taking, but some just for edification and fun.
1. Disciplining Hermeneutics: Interpretation in Christian Perspective, by Roger Lundin.
2. What Is Narrative Criticism? (Guides to Biblical Scholarship New Testament Series), by Mark Allan Powell.
3. God, Language and Scripture, by Moises Silva.
4. Art of Biblical History, The, by V. Philips Long.
5. Models for Interpretation of Scripture, John Goldingay.
6. Is There a Meaning in This Text?: The Bible, the Reader, and the Morality of Literary Knowledge (Landmarks in Christian Scholarship), Kevin Vanhoozer.
7. Getting the Message: A Plan for Interpreting and Applying the Bible, Daniel Doriani.
1. The Rise of Evangelicalism: The Age of Edwards, Whitefield and the Wesleys (A History of Evangelicalism), Mark Noll.
2. The Expansion of Evangelicalism: The Age of Wilberforce, More, Chalmers and Finney (History of Evangelicalism), John Wolffe.
3. The Dominance of Evangelicalism: The Age of Spurgeon And Moody (History of Evangelicalism), David Bebbington.
4. Evangelicalism Divided: A Record of Crucial Change in the Years 1950 to 2000, Iain Murray.
5. Old Evangelicalism, Iain Murray.
6. Deconstructing Evangelicalism: Conservative Protestantism in the Age of Billy Graham, DG Hart.
7. The Legacy of Jonathan Edwards: American Religion and the Evangelical Tradition, DG Hart, et al.
On/By John Williamson Nevin:
1. John Williamson Nevin: High-Church Calvinist (American Reformed Biographies), DG Hart.
2. John Williamson Nevin: American Theologian (Religion in America), Richard Wentz.
3. Catholic and Reformed: Selected Writing of John Williamson Nevin (Pittsburgh Original Texts & Translations Series ; 3)
4. The Anxious Bench, Antichrist & the Sermon Catholic Unity, John Williamson Nevin.
5. The Mystical Presence: A Vindication Of The Reformed Or Calvinistic Doctrine Of The Holy Eucharist (1867), John Williamson Nevin.
6. History and genius of the Heidelberg catechism, John Williamson Nevin.
1. The Good News We Almost Forgot: Rediscovering the Gospel in a 16th Century Catechism, Kevin DeYoung.
2. Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places: A Conversation in Spiritual Theology, Eugene Peterson.